I love these as they are super cute and refreshing.
They are also jam packed with lime citrus.
Citrus is rich in antioxidants that help assist the immune function and protect the body against diseases. The vitamin C in citrus helps synthesis of collagen which breaks down as we age.
Collagen is found in your skin, bones, tendons and ligaments and gives strength and structure. It’s vital for skin elasticity and giving it its nice firmness.
6-10 (depending on size) whole fresh dates
2 cup of almonds
2 tablespoons desiccated coconut ¾
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted ½ cup
1 teaspoon of coconut sugar
1/2 cup coconut cream ½
1.5 cup cashews, soaked
1 whole fresh lime juiced
Zest of one lime (leave some for toppings)
1. Soak cashews in cold water for at least 6hours, can leave over night.
Soak fresh dates in warm water for 10-15 minutes, drain water after.
2. Add soaked fresh dates, almonds and desiccated coconut to the blender or food processor til fine mixture.
Press the mixture into miniature cupcake moulds, depending how thick you want base will depend on height, aim for about 1cm high.
Push down firmly until it is well compacted and even. Place in the fridge to set.
3. Put soaked cashews to the food processor along with lemon juice, lemon zest, coconut oil, coconut cream and coconut sugar and blend well until the mixture is smooth and creamy!
4. Pour mixture on top of the bases, spread evenly and sprinkle with extra lemon zest
5. Put in the freezer and take out 30 minutes before serving
it’s important to remember that even though it’s made from healthy ingredients, it’s still high in calories, so you wouldn’t want to eat more than one cake at a time.